DETAILED RIDE INFORMATION
2 Day Dual Sport Ride in a Scenic Remote Slice of California Few People Venture Into
This Dual Sport Ride is Limited to 40 riders, so as to keep within USFS Guidelines, keep the groups manageable and so we can all have an enjoyable experience without a large crowd. We will start , finish and camp on private property.
We recommend leaving early and keeping stops to a minimum. You leave when you wish, ride at your own pace and we do not ride in large groups.
We also highly recommend you come with a friend and be responsible for each other throughout the day.
RIDE & EVENT OVERVIEW
- This Dual Sport ride is a, “low-key, high adventure, no hassle” self-guided tour, using a Roll Chart or GPS Tracks to navigate an unmarked route. GPS Tracks will be emailed 10 days before ride.
- Sign-in and Park your Truck on Private Property near Turkey Flats in Pozo on Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning.
- Camp Friday night in Pozo if you wish or arrive in Pozo by 9 am and be on the trail by 10 am Saturday.
- 2 Fuel stops where club will provide fuel and lunch on Saturday and Sunday (Fuel stop at approx. 104 and 195 miles)
- The Club will portage your Camping Gear to the Songdog Ranch for Saturday night. Bring your sleeping bag, cot or pad, a chair, overnight bag and tent (Pack as much as you can into your gear bag) No Large Ice chests, beers will be provided.
- Your motorcycle must have a USFS approved spark arrestor and Excessive noise is a BIG issue, as it is used to limit our right to ride.
- At sign-in you will be required to sign a liability release form. You will receive your Ride packet. Roll Chart, T-shirt, Etc.
- Show up with a full tank of fuel Saturday morning. Remote gas stop at around 104 miles (Water & Lunch provided)
- Saturday Riders meeting at 8 & 9 AM
- Continental Breakfast Saturday Morning
- After Fuel stop and Lunch ride to Ballinger Canyon then head to Songdog Ranch
- Ride 45 miles total after fuel stop / 35 miles of Ballinger Canyon Trails
- BBQ & Beverages Saturday Night
- Sleep on your own cot in the Lodge if you don’t wish to Tent camp at the Songdog Ranch (Limited Availability)
- Ride a 45 mile Loop to Remote Gas Stop (Water & Lunch provided)
- Sunday Riders meeting at 7 & 8 AM
- Breakfast Sunday morning at Songdog Ranch
- Different Loop than Saturday in Ballinger
- 100+ Miles back to Pozo on a different route than you came in on
- You must be able to cover 105 miles on a tank or carry extra fuel with you
- After Ride BBQ and beverages in Pozo Sunday Afternoon
1989 Hi Mountain Enduro Logo
Leapin’ Lizard Enduro Finisher Pin
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED? A sense of adventure and common sense.
If you have to ask if you can ride your motorcycle over some mountain 4×4 pass’s and survive, you probably don’t have the knowledge or skills to do it. People who can do it safely already have informed themselves based on past experience and are confident enough in their skills and machinery that they don’t have to ask. If you have to ask, don’t do it, even if you have ridden all of the toughest trails in Iowa…
Q: WHO IS INVITED?
Any capable rider with a street legal Dual Sport Motorcycle. 40 rider Limit. Online Sign-Up Only.
Q: DO I HAVE TO BE A CLUB MEMBER?
Yes. Club Membership is Included with your entry. There is no qualifying or probation period to become an Exit Tours Motorcycle Club member and there are no required meetings or work days associated with your membership — just join and ride!